Monday 18 February 2013

HIV Survivors


18/02/2013

OSSA have various volunteer counsellors that work within the community. Teddy and I have been meeting these counsellors and going to the homes of the beneficiaries they support to learn about their lives. I will be posting stories of those that I have met so far, using ‘HIV Survivors’ as title references. The stories will not be sugar coated or exaggerated, you may find them blunt but they are accurate accounts as told by the people themselves.

Unfortunately I cannot share the photos I take on my blog, and all names will be changed to protect their identity.

I have come to decide that these people are not victims of HIV, they are survivors. Their stories do not involve rainbows and fluffy bunnies; they have suffered in more than most just to live to the next day. I feel honoured that they willingly share their life stories with me, and it is my duty to share their stories with anyone who will take the time from their day to listen.

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment