Saturday 23 March 2013

There is no place like home


14/03/2013

It was an oversight not to pack my ruby slippers for my trip, I am not sure that my flip flops can be considered a good substitute. There have been a couple of occasions where I have wished I were Dorothy, being able to click my heels and return home. Alas I am still on the yellow brick road, with a few weeks remaining until I stumble back to Kansas.

Much like the venture to Oz, I hoped this trip would bring me courage, strengthen my heart and feed my brain, I can safely say that so far all of these things, and much more, have transpired.

As I anticipate returning home, because there really is no place like it, I turned to my fellow volunteers and asked them to finish the following sentence;

‘When I get home, I cannot wait to…….’

The survey says;

“When I get home, I cannot wait to bathe, with candles, bubbles and a glass of wine.”

“When I get home, I cannot wait to get into my own bed, with fresh sheets and fluffy pillows.”

“When I get home, I cannot wait to eat bacon.”

“When I get home, I cannot wait to see my mum and my sisters.”


If we were in Oz, no doubt the Wizard would grant these requests, but for the mean time we will make do with chasing the flying monkeys and avoiding the wicked witch.

Kx


No comments:

Post a Comment